Spelling Pack for Term 4 Grade 6 - Suitable for Distance Learning
SPELLING TERM 4 GRADE 6
This makes a great addition to your primary spelling resources. I have created a set of spelling lists for each of the grades. This pack contains a set of activities for each spelling list.
· Instructions included in each of the sets of word lists
· On each page there is a new set of list words for you to practice (see the word list below)
· Firstly read each word in the word list
· Then copy and write each word 3 times
· Lastly, each letter has a value. Work out how much each word is worth using the table provided.
Week 1 In words ending in -ent and -ant, the e and a are often mistaken for one another.
Week 2 In many words, the letter i is confused with an e, y or a.
Week 3 Many English words use double consonants.
Week 4 Homophones are two words that sound alike but have different spellings and meanings.
Week 5 Words with an ‘o’ sometimes are misspelled because the ‘o’ is left out of the word.
Week 6 In English, an s is added to the end of a word for two reasons.
Week 7 Words with an o sometimes get misspelled because the ‘o’ is mispronounced or an extra vowel, such as an ‘i, ‘is added.
Week 8 Many English words use double consonants.
Week 9 Many English words use a prefix before a root word.
Week 10Many writers confuse -ent and -ant, -ence and -ance, and -ery and -ary.
Use this resource for…
✔ Morning Work
✔ Literacy Centres
✔ Early Finisher Tasks
✔ Spelling Intervention
✔ Distance Learning