Spelling Pack for Term 1 Grade 1 - Suitable for Distance Learning
SPELLING TERM 1 GRADE 1
This makes a great addition to your primary spelling resources. I have created a set of spelling lists for each of the grades. This pack contains a set of activities for each spelling list.
• Instructions included in each of the sets of word lists
• On each page there is a new set of list words for you to practice (see the word list below)
• Firstly read each word in the word list
• Then copy and write each word 3 times
• Lastly, each letter has a value. Work out how much each word is worth using the table provided.
Use this resource for…
The digraphs ‘ai’ and ‘oi’ are hardly ever used at the end of English words.
The digraphs ‘ay’ and ‘ oy’ are used for those sounds at the end of words and at the end of syllables.
The sound /oa/ spelt with the vowel digraphs ‘oa’ ‘ow’ and ‘oe’ (‘oa’ is very rare at the end of a word.
The sound /ee/ spelt ‘e’ with the digraph ‘ee’.
The vowel digraph ‘ea’.
The vowel digraph ‘ie’ making the /igh/ and /ee/ sounds.
The sounds /f/ and /s/, spelt ‘ff’ and ‘ss’.
The sounds /l/ and /k/, /z/ spelt ‘ll’, ‘zz’ and ‘ck’.
The sound spelt n before g ‘ng’.
The sound spelt n before k ‘nk’. The sound /ch/ spelt ‘ch’.
The sound /ch/ spelt –‘tch’.
✔ Morning Work
✔ Literacy Centres
✔ Early Finisher Tasks
✔ Spelling Intervention
✔ Distance Learning