Kindergarten Emergency Sub Plans/Distance Learning Packet Bundle (Animals)
This packet bundle includes everything you need for unplanned sub days in your classroom. Each worksheet or activity is animal themed and no prep/low prep. Just print and file away in your sub tub along with a couple picture books and you are prepared for a day off!
•This set has been created so that the PDF can be printed back to back, two to a page or on single sheets depending on the needs of the teacher on the day. 3 sheets for every day provided.
- Overview which can be used for planning or left for the classroom teacher - Animals and Pets.
- Suggested games and activities to check students prior learning.
- Links to online readers which can be used with any device. (Unite for Literacy books- link provided).
- Read and match activity with both UK and US spelling
- Number work- graphing and interpreting results, addition facts to 10, symmetry, geoboard activities and shape matching.
- Cutting skills- children can create their own pictures after coloring them.
- Alphabet animals- create a mini book for every letter of the alphabet
- Alphabet animals- write three words to describe them
- Animals - can...have...like
- Story starters
- Invent an animal
- Interesting Facts flip book templates
- Pets- needs and wants
- Butterfly and globe templates for animal descriptive writing
- STEM- Create a home for a pet using pop sticks or sticks from the environment.
- Needs of living things- video and follow up sheets
- Memory Game (Needs preparation)
- Animal Puzzles (needs preparation)
- Display banners
- Interactive page for brain breaks- click on the kids and go to an activity
- Interactive page to go to websites to support the teaching of this wonderful topic.
- Feedback and planning sheets for Sub/Relief teachers to leave for the classroom teacher for their return.
- This resource includes an older product that I had in store which was created as a unit of work. I have included it in this pack as an extra resource along with some classroom management tips.
These can be used projected as a PowerPoint onto the Interactive Whiteboard
Print the PDF version back to back, or two to a page to save ink and paper.
Print the sheets off as an early finishing booklet.
Need Help with printing? then please check out this Brilliant blog from